Chevy Off-Road Concept & More from SEMA
Chevrolet has a reputation for creating powerful, detail-oriented vehicles. From the economical Malibu to the rugged Silverado 1500, Chevy’s track record is a positive one. But what about the concepts that haven’t been put into production? Join us at Landers Chevrolet of Norman, Oklahoma as we take a glimpse behind the curtain and look closely at the Chevy Off-Road Concept that was showcased at the Specialty Equipment Market Association “SEMA” Show.
High performance was at the center of the Off-Road Concept creation.
Quick facts about the Chevy Off-Road Concept
- The Wheelbase sits at a whopping 126.87 inches.
- The overall length is compacted to 204 inches (about ten inches longer than a Chevy Malibu).
- It can hold four passengers comfortably.
- The engine is jacked with 650 horsepower.
- For better handling at higher speeds, it has a wider stance compared to other Chevys.
- The Off-Road Concept has a ground clearance of 13.5 inches.
- The engine it was gifted was an LT4 6.2-liter V8 supercharged engine.
- The front bumper angles away from the ground at 45 degrees to provide a better approach to uneven terrain.
- It is a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- It is a modified Silverado chassis with a customized pickup body.
While the Off-Road Concept was the center of attention at the SEMA Show, it was by no means the only Chevy in attendance.
Other Chevys at the show:
- 2022 Silverado ZR2
- 2022 Silverado High Country Midnight Concept
- 2022 Silverado 3500HD Hoonigan Concept
- 2022 Colorado ZR2 Extreme Off-Road
- 2022 Colorado Z71 Off-Road Performance Edition
- 2022 Tahoe Z71 Overlanding Concept
- 2021 Suburban Street Concept
Here’s additional information on the other concepts shown at the SEMA Show.
2022 Silverado High Country Midnight
The 2022 Silverado High Country Midnight Concept relies heavily on the darker style to create its atmospheric presence. The grille insert, badging, 22-inch Accessory wheels, and other design features were blacked out for a more elegant look. This look can be recreated on your current or future Silverado by looking through the available Chevrolet Accessories.
2022 Silverado 3500HD Hoonigan
The 2022 Silverado 3500HD Hoonigan Concept has a 6.6-liter Duramax turbo-diesel V8 engine under its hood. The goal was to create the strongest Chevy Silverado and max out the trailering tech to create an impressively strong concept. Looking for a Chevy Silverado to fit your needs? We have plenty to choose from!
2022 Tahoe Z71 Overlanding
The 2022 Tahoe Z71 Overlanding Concept is an SUV ready for anything. It has Four-Corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension and 18-inch concept beadlock wheels as part of its design. Another crucial detail added to the concept design is the Off-Road Recovery kit, for emergencies. The standard cozy Tahoe interior is also used with this concept.
2021 Suburban Street
The 2021 Suburban Street Concept brings street style to the largest Suburban available. It has Four-Corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension that pairs well with the other advanced tech this concept is loaded with. Like the 2022 Silverado High Country Midnight Concept, the Suburban Street Concept is blacked out, on the grille, hood decal, badges, and mirror caps, for a more slick exterior look.
We at Landers Chevy love to see all the possibilities for future Chevy vehicles. If you’d like to read more about one concept or the other, you can on Chevy’s Media site.
What do you think about the Chevy Off-Road Concept? Would you drive it? Let us know in the comments!